Pairing Socket scanner for first time users:
- Power scanner on, go to Settings > Bluetooth and scan the barcode (barcode might need to be printed out)
Wait until it beeps once and moves to “My Devices”.
- If a PIN code is requested use “0000” (4 zeros)
At this point, the on-screen keyboard should not appear when cursor is blinking in any text input field inside iConnect. Scanner can now be used with iConnect.
Note: Keyboard should always be hidden when scanning inside iConnect app. To toggle the keyboard on/off: quickly double-press the small round button on the scanner.
- Unpair the scanner from all devices (if previously paired): hold small round button and large scanning trigger button at the same time until scanner beeps 3 times and powers off.
- If scanner appears in “My Devices” section in iPad Settings > Bluetooth, tap on (i) info icon next to the scanner entry then select “Forget this device” on the next page.
- Turn scanner back on, scan “Factory reset barcode”
The scanner will play long sound pattern and will power off.
Follow the steps above for pairing the scanner in HID mode (same as “Paring Socket scanner for first time users “).