Franpos has released the new feature: “PAX terminal: entering terminal SN in ICR settings allows to find terminal's new IP automatically. Requires "POS Auto-Register" option activated on BroadPOS portal”
Here are the instructions on how to handle this auto registration:
- Go to https://secure.broadpos.com and find this terminal
- Go to Communication Tab and select Enable in “POS Auto-Register” drop-down menu
3. Reboot your Pax terminal by unplugging & plugging back into the power cord. So new configuration will take effect on Pax. Pax should also say “Auto registration...” upon boot-up.
4. On the Register Go to Settings a Devices Pin-pad settings and enter its serial number
With Update 1.28.1:
5. Then press Refresh (Find IP by SN) button. The Pinpad should be connected now. You can check the connection by pressing the “Test Connection” button.
In case of the error message "Getting PAX terminal ip error: SN not found":
- On the pax device, press “Menu” or “Function + 1”
- Enter Pin Code
- Go down to “System Settings”
- Press “POS Register” and enter the Pin-Code. Wait until it confirms with “Ok”
- Go back to the Register and enter the SN under the Pin Pad Settings and hit “test connection”