You can sync your data from FranPOS to your QuickBooks online account.
Follow the steps to Integrate your Quickbook with Franpos:
- Settings >>QuickBooks
- Enable QuickBooks
- Sign in with your Quick Books Account to log in and click save.
The following items can be synced with Quickbooks online:
- Payments: there are 5 different payment methods we support right now
- Credit Card
- Gift Card
- We do not create every product on QBO side, we just create two types of products:
- Product (Income Account - Sales of Product Income, Inventory Asset Account - Inventory Asset, Expense Account - Cost of Goods Sold)
- Service (Income Account - Services)
Due to the limitation of QBO services, we need to create few items with the type of service on their side to support our logic such as:
- Reward points
- Customer balance
- Tax (our tax system is more flexible than QBO has)
- Customers - We do not sync customers to QBO side, we just create Guest Customer which will be attached to every order
- Discounts - For discounts, we create a new account with Discounts are given a name (Account Type – Income, Classification – Revenue, Account Sub Type – Discounts Refunds Given). Each discount will be synced to QBO as a separate item with the type of Discount, name from iConnect discount and Income Account as previously created.
- Tickets - Tickets will be synced as Invoice in case of sales (positive total) and Refund Receipt in case of refund (negative total).
- Payments - Payments will be synced as Payment for sale transactions only (Invoice). Refund Receipt on QBO side does not support payment details.
- All data syncs at Mid-night Mountain Time
Note: If you would like to send a summary instead of every single ticket, you can do this if the "Enable Summary sync" toggle is turned on.
What information is being synced?
- Your POS will sync the following once per day:
- All sales will be mapped to one customer (POS Customer)
- Sales receipt will be deposited to Undeposited Funds account (Other Current Asset/Undeposited Funds)
- Categories will be synced to QB side as a Non-inventory item with name, sku (category code) and Sales account (Income/Sales Of Product Income)
- All payment methods (including custom) will be synced to QB side as service with name (PMT - name) and Undeposited Funds account (Other Current Asset/Undeposited Funds)
- Unique (by name) taxes will be synced to QB side as service with name and Sales Tax Payable account (Other Current Liability/Sales Tax Payable)