Time clock report shows records of when employees clock in or out in addition to the department they clocked in to.
Additional time-clock information:
In the update on April 2019, we implemented a preventive measure: If the employee hasn’t clocked out for over 16 hours, the time clock record will stay open and must be closed through the back office. Next time the employee clocks in on the POS device, he/she will be prompted to Clock In for the new shift and will not be forced to clock out all previously open shifts.
This is beneficial for several reasons:
- It prevents unintentional override of clock out time for records already clocked out on a different device if employee doesn’t use the same POS station to clock in next time (the original reported issue)
- If employee forgot to clock out passed 16 hours threshold, the record needs to be corrected in the back office by the manager any way
- If such Time Clock record stays open, it’s more obvious in the Time Clock report that employee forgot to clock out since record is wrong – it’s missing Clock Out time
So, if there are records in the Time Clock report that don’t have Clock Out time it is because the employee didn’t clock out within 16 hours window. And they won’t be able to do so the following day if previous shift started longer than 16 hours ago.
We are currently planning to move Time Clock functionally to server-side entirely, this will address the possible synchronization of time clock records across multiple POS stations, but will require Internet access to use Time Clock feature.
This article will show you to view and edit your timeclock using franpos.
- Reports >> Employee >> Time clock
This report is actually divided into four different sections:
1. Clock-in history: This section simply lists out the individual shifts for each selected employee within the selected date range. This view will also allow you to make edits to time clock records if you have the permissions.
2. Daily: This view will break down by day instead of by shift, and will show the daily hours for you to approve. Approving hours will allow those hours to be factored into the payroll report.
3. Weekly: Similar to daily, the primary purpose of this view is for approving hours for payroll. However, before using the weekly tab, make sure Franpos recognizes when the week starts for your business. This can be set in the time clock settings page.
4. Summary: This view consolidates information for each employee under a weekly or bi-weekly format. No actions are taken in this view.
On any of the four views, follow these instructions to generate the report:
- Select date by Quick Date or Start and End
- Select time clock by department or employee
- Click ‘GO’
- Name of the employee should appear on the grid table
Edit Time Clock
- Report >> Employee >> Time Clock
- Choose the "Clock-in history" view, Select date by Quick date or Start and End
- Select time clock by Department or Employee
- Press 'GO' to show the result
- The Employee you selected should appear
- Click three dots on the right-hand side
- Select edit record
- Amend date, time in, time out date and time out of employee
- Click ‘Save’ to proceed
1. Select either the Daily or Weekly views
2. Generate the report
3. Select the records you wish to approve using the checkbox on the left side
4. Click the "Approve Hours" button below the report.