The walk-in queue allows you to present a list of customers that have checked-in to your store through the walk-in app.
You would need to enable the queue in your back office first before you can use it.
1. Log in to your back office and go to Settings > Walk-in
2. On the walk-in settings page, enable "Show queue".
3. On this page, you can also turn on "Enable service provider" and "Enable select service".
An example of what the Queue looks like below:
What is this feature capable of?
- When a customer checks in, the user can allow customers to select a service provider. The walk-in app will only show the service providers scheduled that day.
- When you allow customers to select a service, the walk-in app will only show services with "Sell Online" enabled.
- If a customer is 'in service', the customer will be removed from the walk-in app queue
The Walk-in app will also calculate the wait time for the customers in the queue
The Logic used to calculate approximate wait time for customer checking in to the walk-in queue works as follows:
- Only currently working employee is taken into account (based on the schedule)
- If no service was selected for check-in - the longest service duration is being used
- Check-in without employee assigned will put to most optimal (lowest wait time) queue - first available employee
- Check-in with the employee assigned will first be put in the free gap between bookings/previous check-ins, then at the end of the queue to a specified employee
- Queue screen - wait time is minimum time after which some employee queue will be empty
- Provider/service selection screen - wait time will be time to start check-in
- Provider/service selection screen - when check-in group of people (secondary-contacts) - show wait time for each person individually