This article describes the Payment protection feature that was released in version 2.11 of the Franpos app.
The payment protection feature was introduced because it was necessary to protect customers from being double charged when the transaction appears to be lost. This method should only be used if the transaction was approved on the iCT250 and not completed on the POS.
How does it protect a transaction?
When the app crashes, the transaction you are currently working on is being put on hold (only if you had pressed the charge button before the app crashed).
As soon as the app re-opens, you will see the following message on your screen:
1. Press "Restore order" to continue where you left off
2. The order/item will be put back into the cart
3. Press the Charge button again and select the Credit/Debit Card option. As soon as that is done, you will see the following pop-up.
- You can press cancel and continue with this transaction later (order stays on-hold)
- You can press "No auth code, re-process" and the system will connect with the payment device again to process the transaction.
- You can enter the Authorization code from the printed receipt and finish this order by pressing "submit". This will bring you to the receipt screen to finish the transaction.
1. Does this pop-up appear after the app crashed?
- Yes and you will be able to finish the transaction as described above.
2. Does this pop-up appear if the payment device turned off or lost the internet connection (timeout error message on the POS)?
3. Does this pop-up appear if the app crashes?