Ingredients allow users to build a recipe for food items that are sold. This feature allows for a more sophisticated tracking of inventory in the Quick Service vertical.
In order to set up ingredients, please follow the steps below:
1. In your back office, go to settings > stock units
- To add stock units, press the "+" button
- Fill out all required fields (Conversion is the conversion rate for the selected unit)
- Press save after you are done
After creating a stock unit, the page will look like this:
2. Open up the Catalog and go to Ingredient page
- To add ingredients, press the "+" button
- We recommend creating a category named Ingredients for better tracking
- Fill out all required fields
- Stock Unit: This will be the main unit used for measuring ingredient quantity in item recipes. In the drop down you can select one of the stock units you created earlier in the Stock Unit page.
- Default Reorder Stock Unit: This lets you select a different stock unit to use for ordering and receiving. Useful for receiving ingredients in bulk. Make sure to select a stock unit that converts to the same base unit (pounds, ounces, etc.) as the main recipe stock unit.
- Default Reorder Quantity: The default ordering quantity of Reorder Stock Units. For example, if an ingredient is ordered in "Cases" with default reorder quantity "5", then each order of this ingredient will be in multiples of 5 cases.
- Enable Track inventory to be able to track your ingredients
- Press save
3. Please go to Catalog > Item
- Open up an item that you want to add a recipe to
- Go to the recipe tab
- Once there, you will be able to add the ingredients that were created in the previous step (by pressing add behind an ingredient on the recipe tab, the page will save
4. In order to add a recipe to a modifier, please go to the modifiers page and open a modifier
- Scroll to the bottom to the Modifier Item list and click on a modifier option
- Click on the recipe tab and add the ingredients (by pressing add behind an ingredient on the recipe tab, the page will save
5. Once you sell items with a recipe in the app, you should be able to see the ingredients report