Franpos allows you to create custom “stock units” that can be used in bulk inventory management (retail version) and ingredients management (restaurant version).
For example, if you are ordering in bulk, you can use stock units as a template for the quantity you receive in cases.
1. In your back office, go to settings > stock units
- To add stock units, press the "+" button
- Fill out all required fields (Conversion is the conversion rate for the selected unit)
- Press save after you are done
After creating a stock unit, the page will look like this:
Stock Unit Tips
- When you want to measure ingredients based on standard base units such as ounces, you can create a custom "Ounces" unit that converts to base ounces at 1:1 ratio.
- Ingredients can let you choose a different stock unit for ordering and receiving, as opposed to the normal stock unit used for recipe measurement. If you choose to do this, make sure the stock unit used for ordering and the stock unit used for recipes both convert to the same base unit.
- For example, if you recipe unit converts to pounds, the ordering unit should also convert to pounds.
- This way, the ordering unit and recipe unit can convert between each other for proper cost calculation.