This article describes the Payment protection feature that was released in version 2.11 of the Franpos app.
The payment protection feature was introduced because it was necessary to protect customers from being double charged when the transaction appears to be lost. This method should only be used if the transaction was approved on the iCT250 and not completed on the POS.
How does it protect a transaction?
When the app crashes, the transaction you are currently working on is being put on hold (only if you had pressed the charge button before the app crashed).
As soon as the app re-opens, you will see the following message on your screen:
1. Press "Restore order" to continue where you left off
2. The order/item will be put back into the cart
3. Press the Charge button again and select the Credit/Debit Card option. As soon as that is done, you will see the following pop-up.
- You can press cancel and continue with this transaction later (order stays on-hold)
- You can press "No auth code, re-process" and the system will connect with the payment device again to process the transaction.
- You can enter the Authorization code from the printed receipt and finish this order by pressing "submit". This will bring you to the receipt screen to finish the transaction.
1. Does this pop-up appear after the app crashed?
- Yes and you will be able to finish the transaction as described above.
2. Does this pop-up appear if the payment device turned off or lost the internet connection (timeout error message on the POS)?
3. Does this pop-up appear if the app crashes?
Franpos offers a variety of different payment methods. You can enable Cash, Check/money order, Store Credit, Pay later, Gift card, etc. Create your own custom buttons to accept credit, debit, gift cards, cash or any payment type you want for your ...
Configuring Custom payment Methods
In today's training you will learn how to configure custom payment methods Settings >> Payment Methods You need to toggle on 'Custom Payment Method' Navigate to the page titled 'Custom Payment Method' Select the 'Red Plus' button in order to ...
Payment Disbursement Report
Payment Disbursement Report This article will show you how to read the Payment Disbursement Report - https://my.franpos.com/PaymentDisbursementReport Prerequisite – CDP Fees must be setup for your location by FranPOS Prerequisite – You must have GL ...
Updated payment flow on Android
On Tuesday, June 12th, we will introduce a new design of our payment screen on the Android App. This new payment flow is designed to reduce the number of clicks and improve your checkout experience and speed. Main payment screen Old: New: Gift ...
This article demonstrates how to use tokens on card payments (This works with TSYS only). https://support.franpos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002371212-Manage-credit-card-Report