The walk-in queue allows you to present a list of customers that have checked-in to your store through the walk-in app.
You would need to enable the queue in your back office first before you can use it.
1. Log in to your back office and go to Settings > Walk-in
2. On the walk-in settings page, enable "Show queue".
3. On this page, you can also turn on "Enable service provider" and "Enable select service".
An example of what the Queue looks like below:
What is this feature capable of?
- When a customer checks in, the user can allow customers to select a service provider. The walk-in app will only show the service providers scheduled that day.
- When you allow customers to select a service, the walk-in app will only show services with "Sell Online" enabled.
- If a customer is 'in service', the customer will be removed from the walk-in app queue
The Walk-in app will also calculate the wait time for the customers in the queue
The Logic used to calculate approximate wait time for customer checking in to the walk-in queue works as follows:
- Only currently working employee is taken into account (based on the schedule)
- If no service was selected for check-in - the longest service duration is being used
- Check-in without employee assigned will put to most optimal (lowest wait time) queue - first available employee
- Check-in with the employee assigned will first be put in the free gap between bookings/previous check-ins, then at the end of the queue to a specified employee
- Queue screen - wait time is minimum time after which some employee queue will be empty
- Provider/service selection screen - wait time will be time to start check-in
- Provider/service selection screen - when check-in group of people (secondary-contacts) - show wait time for each person individually
Walk-in - With Employee Schedule (Android)
Your POS system connects with our customer-facing check-in module. The check-in module allows customers to check themselves into the service queue using the Android Tablet. For example, your POS station (i.e. Android register) will be in the back of ...
Walk-in setup (iOS)
Your POS system connects with our customer facing check-in module. The check-in module allows customers to check themselves into the service queue using the iPad kiosk. For example, your POS station (i.e. iPad cash register) will be in the back of ...
Walk-in - Settings
In this training, you will learn how to set up your walk-in from the franpos back office. Settings > Add-on > Walk-in You Can enable/disable secondary contact if have created from Employee page. Enable/Disable service provider e.g. Employee and ...
Walk-in- Set-up online Walk-in
In this training, you will learn how to Check-in using My Website & E-Commerce for your store. Pre-prerequisite:- Settings > Add-ons > Walk-in > Enable Service Provider & Enable select Service Before start using the Walk-in make sure you set ...
Re-install app (Android)
Press the Sync Button on your Android Register to make sure no data is lost. Please close your franpos app and open the Updater app. If you don't have it, please download it at https://apps.franpos.com (This applies to the franpos register only, not ...