Operating System Update On Ejeton ( White Dual Screen ) FRANPOS Device
In the recent times few Franpos White Dual Screen Tablets started opening browser all of sudden . This was happening if the tablet is idle / restarted for any reason etc. It opens browser - take you to a foreign language page and displayed Baidu.
This does not mean the device is hacked or some virus attacked. The POS manufacturer used Baidu ( Chinese Google ) page to test if the device is connecting to Internet or not. The device needed an OS update.
Steps to Update the POS to OS 2020 -
1. Please click on the Circle Button and use the Up arrow to swipe/pull the screen up like in the picture
2. Please open available browser on your device like Chrome/Browser etc
3. Type in apps.franpos.com in the address bar and click on Enter.
4. It should take you to Franpos App Store where you will find all our applications. Scroll the screen up with your finger and look for OS update.
The last one in the list.
5. Click on the application - It starts downloading at the Top Left Corner or Bottom Center
6. Click on Open and Install the update.
7. Once the update is completed and POS comes to a regular screen - please go to settings - scroll down and make sure the device is connected to the Internet. Also please verify if the device is on the correct Time zone.
8. In order to verify if the POS is updated to the latest OS Version please go to "About Tablet" and verify if the build number says 2020 in the middle.
Post OS UPDATE if the register application is missing please follow the below article (Process 2 - From Step 4 ) to install .